I know my mom is going to say "yes", but I haven't seen any pictures that have indicated that I knew how to consistently smear chocolate frosting across my face and hands as easily and as quickly as this kid. I mean, Cole has a natural talent for making messes quickly. Even if he's off his game one day, and he isn't creating a big enough mess by chance, he's very willing to perfect his routine and force a clean up on isle 11. I mean, the little man is rarely in a bad mood, but that's probably because he never has to clean anything up.
This is just a taste of what he can do. He's trying to be a "big boy", and wants to walk around the stores like his older sister. Yesterday I let him down at Lowe's so we could walk around a little. What harm could he do, right? He's not going to break the edger blades I was looking for. He certainly wasn't going to damage the waterproofing spray I thought about getting. Yes, that's right. I just thought about getting the spray, because on the way to our destination, he made a quick button-hook maneuver that would make a running back jealous, and darted down the lighting isle. It took only a second for him to pick out the most hideous rose encrusted glass cover, and smash it to the ground. Why can't Lowe's make their flooring out of carpet, or some type of memory foam? That would certainly have dampened the ear-splitting crash that rang throughout the store.
A few smug people smirked as they walked by. I'm sure they were just thinking, "I'm glad that wasn't my kid", but at the time I was sure they were thinking "ha ha, now you're going to have to pay for that ugly piece of ..." Anyway, I reported the incident to the nearest employee, and I jumped at the offer they made us letting us off the hook. Of course I wasn't going to pay for it if I didn't have to. I probably did them a favor opening up more precious shelf space.
Anyway, here is another picture of what our kids look like after a trip to the Dunford Bakery. Why can't Cole follow this example? A little frosting under the nose is nothing, compared to the picture of Cole that looks like he got a hold of can of Duncan Hines frosting and a spoon.
Geeking Off 167: Mostly Sundance 2018, Etc.
8 years ago
2 Comments:
The answer is definately! You were THAT messy! I have pictures to prove it, so the next time I find those I'll post them on my blog, just so you'll know I'm pretty accurate with my memory! And I love the Lady Liberty picture, Marianne:)
I love that story of Cole at Lowe's! Too funny, and I can certainly relate with my own walking tornado! Does it ever get better?
Post a Comment