Another year has come and gone for Halloween. It feels like it has as much as a build up at our house as Christmas is every year. Makenna LOVES Halloween and has been talking about trick or treating for at least a month now. Both Makenna and Cole love to watch their Halloween movies and get so excited talking about what treats they are going to get. Makenna went trick or treating at her preschool on Thursday and also got to dress up for dance class and take treats there as well, so two days before Halloween she was already wound up about the holiday. On Halloween day we had a Birthday/Halloween party for Adam's Grandma Faye and family. It was a lot of fun and it helped to have something for the kids to do since Makenna was talking about going trick or treating since she first got up that morning. When it was finally time to go trick or treating (after begging for about an hour) Adam took the kids out while I stayed home with Ella and handed out candy.
As I watched them head down the street I could see Makenna running from door to door with Cole lagging behind from the beginning. They were gone for about an hour and a half and when they dragged back in the door, Adam was carrying their buckets and they were FULL. I have never seen such a large amount of candy for a three and four year old. Once they got to the furthest point, the kids decided that they were done and on the way back home at every house they would stop at, Cole would lay down either on the grass or on the doorstep waiting for the piece of candy. I wish that Adam would have had the camera for a picture of that. Towards the end Makenna starting doing the same thing. When they got home, Makenna just wanted to put on her pajamas. I don't think that she requests that too often.
Needless to say, the kids have more candy than they know what to do with. I usually let them eat as much as they can that first night and then really try to ration it out (or conveniently it gets thrown out...) but this year, the kids were pretty tired and each only had a few pieces that first night.
Geeking Off 167: Mostly Sundance 2018, Etc.
8 years ago
1 Comment:
You are so funny!!!!
Post a Comment