I have been thinking a lot lately about all the blessings I have in my life and how much I take them for granted. So, I thought I would make a post about those things so that I can look back on days that I am not so thankful and remember everything that I have been blessed with...
I am thankful for my husband who works so hard for our family and the opportunity that I have to stay at home and be a mom. I complain a lot about being home, but I wouldn't want to be anywhere else at this time. Adam works hard and does everything that he can to make sure we are taken care of. I am thankful that he found a job that is a steady, secure job with insurance (something that we needed when we didn't have it.) I am thankful for what a wonderful husband and father he is. After working all day he still has energy to give the kids rides on his shoulders and play video games with Cole and even fit in a game of Don't spill the beans with the kids.
I am thankful for Makenna and the wonderful big sister and example she is in our family. She is always willing to help out and clean up her room without being asked. She has a tender heart and always wants to be everyone's friend. I am thankful for her sweet spirit and the friendship that she has with Cole.
I am thankful for Cole for the kind-hearted boy he his. He is a sweet boy that never loses his temper or throws tantrums. He is always happy doing whatever we are doing. He loves his sisters and thinks the world of Makenna. I really struggled with having two kids so close together, but am so thankful now that they are older. They always have a friend to play with. Sometimes they are lost with what to do when the other one isn't here. Cole loves to "play" video games with his dad (even though he just watches...) and he loves going to preschool and learning new things.
I am thankful for Ella because she reminds me everyday that I need to be a better mom. She has been my child that will help me learn patience, something that I still struggle with. I look at her sweet smile and her happy laugh and it makes me want to be a better person. I love that she thinks she is one of the big kids and it always trying to keep up with them. I love that she sucks her thumb even though she knows we don't want her to. She just gives us that "I'll show you" look. I love that even though she doesn't talk, she thinks that her grunting and looking at us tells us what she wants. I love that she loves her little dolly and can't go to sleep without it. She is a sweetheart and a busy toddler and I love her.
I am thankful for my family.
Geeking Off 167: Mostly Sundance 2018, Etc.
8 years ago
1 Comment:
Oh my gosh!!!! Your kids are SO cute! And I haven't seen them in ages, and it makes me miss them! They are getting so big!
Ps... just wait until Cole gets al itte older then he becomes a little "Gamer" :)
Post a Comment