I have been able to take the last few days off of work, which has been great time for me to spend with the family.
In Riverton, it snowed 14" on Christmas, and another 6" or so the next day. We had already planned on going sledding on Friday, so when we woke up to another 6" of snow, it was a sign that we should definitely make good use of the sled we borrowed from my parents. I was fine with buying one, but we wanted to see how Makenna, the fraidy-cat, did before we bought one.
There is a hill pretty close to us, so we headed out in the morning to give us plenty of time to sled if the kids liked it. We got to the hill, and I instantly realized why my dad had a rope tied to the front of the sled when he would pull us up the hill as kids. Makenna and Cole don't exactly have long legs, and I was barely able to walk up the powder area myself. I ended up pushing them on the sled up the hill, which is a great exercise for your quads if you're ever looking for a hard workout.
We went down 4-5 times, but my body felt like it was 100. The kids didn't want to give up, but I was exhausted. The elliptical machine for an hour is less of a workout than pushing the kids up a hill. I'm bringing a rope next time. Anyway, here are a few photos of us playing in the slow. The sledding picture is pretty blurry, because Marianne was taking the shot from so far away. Yep, she came, but stayed in the car the whole time with the heater running. At the time, that sounded like a better idea.
This is the snow cave that Makenna and I built out of one of the large mounds left over from the snow fall. Marianne didn't think it was too safe, but like the title of this post says, "That's what dads are for." We made snow angels too, but the snow men we tried to make just crumbled apart, so we'll have to try that later.
Geeking Off 167: Mostly Sundance 2018, Etc.
8 years ago
2 Comments:
Leave it to you Adam to make the best snow forts!!! Sometimes I miss sledding, actually only once a year. :)
I love the snow cave pictures! Too cute! I am all for sledding - Marianne style! Just leave me in the warm car with the camera!
Post a Comment