Sunday, March 22, 2009

Kids say the darndest things...


I have tried to keep tabs of all the funny things that our two kids have said over the past couple of months, and I am having a hard time remembering all of them. I thought that writing them down will be the perfect way to store them, and what better way than to put them on our blog to share them with all of you. Hope you enjoy -

Makenna - "Daddy, you have a lot of hair on your eyebrows"
Adam - "Well, you'll get more on yours when you get older"
Makenna - "When I get married, I'm going to take mine off"

Makenna - "Mommy, your belly is going to pop like the girl on the chocolate movie"(Charlie and the chocolate factory)

Cole - "Big gross coming" (His way of explaining that he has to go #2 - Marianne would say "Gross!" when changing his dirty diapers)

Makenna - "Bless Mommy, Daddy, Cole, Me, the baby, and white toy" (when saying the dinner prayer)
Some other prayer favorites -
"Bless my heart, beating so fast"
"Bless Disneyland and the pirates ride"
"Bless go to the zoo. See the black elephant"

Cole - "Sorry" (He does this when he runs into the wall, or into anything else. He apologizes to the wall) Some others - "Sorry cup" (when he dropped his sippy cup), "Sorry Daddy", (when Adam ran into him)

Cole - "You scared me!" (he pronounces it "you chaired me", which he says when I just look at him, or when he tries to scare me)

In the mornings, when I go in to fix the kids their bowl of cereal, Makenna will go over and shut off the movie that we put on for the kids while we get ready, and say to Cole; "Watch it later. Daddy watching the news"

Makenna - "When I get married, I'm going to get married in the temple in my star dress" (the dress that grandma Pace made for her)

I know that there is more, but for now those are the ones I can remember. I know it isn't as funny, but the best is when they very sincerely look at me and say, "Daddy, I love you" That's my favorite.
(P.S. - The picture is just of them in the pajamas grandma Pace made them. As cute as they are in them, I almost hesitate putting them on because they look too grown up for me)

4 Comments:

pacemaker said...

Thanks for sharing those cute things they say, I love hearing them. It always seems like we are thinking we will remember them and then if we don't write them down we have a tendency to forget them, so good idea! Besides then we get to hear them too!

Melissa said...

They look so cute! I love the funny things kids say! Putting them on your blog is a great way to remember!

Lena said...

How cute, kids do say the darnest things and its so funny. Hope you are feeling good.

Whitney Pace said...

I'm looking at this at work and now my co-workers think that I'm crazy cuz I've been busting up for the last 5 minutes! Too cute!!!!