Friday, April 17, 2009

Long night....

Yesterday was a long day that turned into a long night. Cole has had fluid in his ear off an on for about a month, but the doctor doesn't want him to have antibiotics since he isn't really showing symptoms of an ear infection, just the fluid which does seem to be slowly clearin up. Well, yesterday he started to get a fever and was really tired. I gave him some Motrin and then he seemed fine. Last night at 10:30 he decided that he didn't feel good again and came into our room. After a couple of attempts to get him to go back to bed and some more Motrin we gave up and let him sleep in bed with us. I know, I am terrible. I always have a hard time sleeping with kids in the bed though, so by 2:00am I was done. I hadn't really slept much with him there so I picked him up and put him back in his bed. Luckily, he stayed there. I went back to bed to hear a loud thud not 15 minutes later. Scared me right awake. Both Adam and I were searching through the house for the cause only to find out that it was my nearly empty shampoo bottle that had fallen off he shelf in the shower. After that, I was wide awake and couldn't sleep, not to mention, this small child in my womb loves to be awake starting at about 9:30pm, except for last night is was that, plus braxton hicks contractions until 4:30am... about every three or four minutes. Couldn't sleep with that going on either. I decided at 2:30am that maybe if I went and laid on the couch I would be able to sleep better, so out to the couch I went and laid there wide awake until 4:00am when the dog started barking, I hurried and got up and let him out and then not two minutes later, out comes Makenna running down the hall to our bedroom. Luckily, I was able to catch her before she woke up Adam. I got her back to bed, let the dog back in and finally was able to fall asleep at about 5:00am. The kids were up at 6:20am. It was a long night... I think I may deserve a nap today.

1 Comment:

Adam said...

Yeah, thanks for catching Makenna before she woke me up. I feel like it's the husband's right to sleep, while the pregnant wife tends to the children.