Friday, December 4, 2009

Conversations with a 4-year Old -


Here are a few of the conversations that I have had with Makenna over the last few days. I thought they were pretty funny.


Makenna – “Daddy, I can’t wait until I’m married”

Me – “Um… Ok. When are you going to get married?”

Makenna – “When I’m six.”

Me – “Who are you going to marry?”

Makenna – “Cole.”

Me – “You should probably wait a little, honey…”


Makenna – “Dad, you’re a great dad!”

Me – “Really? Well, thanks sweetie. You’re a great daughter”

Makenna – “I am being a good girl!”

Me – “Well, it’s only eight in the morning. Are you going to be good all day today?”

Makenna – “I’m a good girl because Santa is watching. He’s always watching me”

Me – (thinking to myself… Marianne must have really driven home this “Santa” thing over the past couple of days since I’ve been gone. Does Makenna really think I’m a good Dad, or was that just her lead in to getting me to say that she was a great girl…. Hmmmm)


Makenna – “Daddy, I really miss you. I don’t want you to go to work”
Me – “Well, I have to go to work to get money. We need money so we can buy things”

Makenna – “We need money to go to Disneyland”

Me – “Yes. We do need money if we want to go do Disneyland”
Makenna – “You need to go to work now”


You can tell just by looking at her picture that she's a little sassy. I wouldn't have it any other way.


1 Comment:

tristanjh said...

The Disneyland thing cracked me up!