I have a couple of minutes before the two children get up from their naps and thought that I would give a little update on some things that are happening in the Pace home. The illnesses continue to go on and on... Cole still has a bit of a runny nose, but seems to have a good disposition, so hopefully, his nose is just gross because he is also teething, seriously, he loves to get like 3 or 4 teeth at once. Right now, he is working on his bottom molars and his eye teeth. Makenna on the other hand had a fever for several days and finally on Monday night, she started to say that her ear was hurting. Of course, it was too late to go to the doctor, so we used some numbing drops that we had left over from Cole's ear infection in the fall and that helped. We then let her sleep with us so that she wouldn't wake up Cole throughout the night, but it made for a VERY long night for me. Finally, at 3:30am I gave up and took her in her room and put her in her bed, that lasted for about 3 minutes. I eventually had to go and sleep in her room. It wasn't so bad, just went from only having about a foot of bed to sleep on in our room to about the same in her room. Also, just to clarify, this is not a normal practice on my part at all. I am not the parent who lets their children sleep with them, but when they are that sick and aren't in a crib, what do you do when they keep getting out? She did go to the doctor on Tuesday morning and is on antibiotics so hopefully in the next day or two she will be feeling better.
On another note, for anyone that has been around Makenna in the past three months knows how much she loves her dollar Cinderella toy. It goes everywhere with her, to bed, bathtime, eating, everything. Of course, being a dollar toy, means that it is not exactly crafted too well, so it breaks from time to time causing extreme distress on Makenna. So, we have bought a few spares and will just switch them out when they break or become too dingy for us to stand. Well, she left her toy at the doctors office yesterday and has been extremely distraught without it, but I am not giving in and giving her a new one. That thing gets lost too easily and has become a huge irritation to me and Adam. Don't get me wrong, it was very cute at first, but at 2:00am when she has lost it and is screaming at the top of her lungs for you to find it, it is not cute. The weird thing is that this was a toy that she had for about 4 months and showed no interest in it, then all of the sudden, it has become something that she can't live without. Thanks Natalie!! Natalie bought the original toy. We'll see if we stay strong, she was screaming earlier at me to go to the doctors and get her toy... Ahh, who said that it's the terrible twos, I think it is actually the terrible threes, but I love her anyway!!
Geeking Off 167: Mostly Sundance 2018, Etc.
8 years ago
2 Comments:
Marianne, Thanks so much for sharing your blog with me. I miss you so much!!! You are such a great mom, (I knew you would be) the pic with Cole is priceless. I know the feeling of teething several teeth at a time, Savannah does the same thing, 2 come in at a time. I just love being her mom, she brings me such joy, I cant imagine my life with out her. McKenna is getting big, I cant believe she is almost 4, the time sure does fly. Thanks again for sharing, tell everyone "Hi" for me. Lana
Sounds like you have your hands full! It is so hard when they are sick too! Good Luck! From what I hear (not from experience) 3 year olds are harder than 2. Oh, the things to look forward to. I can completely relate about the teething! Cash gets his in clumps as well! It is nice once they get here though. Hope everyone feels better!
Post a Comment