

So, I decided that now would be as good a time as any to update our blog with what's been happening in our life. The kids are asleep and I get about two hours to myself before it all starts over again. This past week has been eventful, it was nice to have Adam home for a three day weekend, which I decided to be ambitious and potty-train Makenna. It did not go well. Tears, screaming and more tears ended my try at potty-training for the time being. Not to mention that when we did go out in public on Saturday we put a pull-up on Makenna and she peed all over me in Deseret Book, now that was enjoyable... I think that I will try again in a couple of weeks, she was just getting over an ear infection and she is in that enjoyable stage of "no" to everything, so right now probably isn't the best time to potty train.
Makenna is also on the kick of having her hair like Mulan's, no not cut off, just down. Her hair has gotten pretty long and I keep thinking that I am going to cut it, but I don't. I just continue to put it up. Anyway, here is a recent picture of Makenna, she is pretty cute!! Here is also a picture of Makenna listening to Adam's iPod, she is listening to the Aladdin soundtrack.
As I have said before, Cole is a climber, and everyday he climbs on the kitchen table or the entertainment unit about 50 time. No exaggeration. On Tuesday, he climbed on the entertainment center and before I could get there (literally 3 seconds) he fell off and cracked his lip open. It looks pretty bad, I wish that he wouldn't climb so much and it is hard to teach a 17 month old child to stop climbing. Here is also a picture of Cole sitting on Adam's face. He loves to sit on our laps with his blanket, but Adam's face seemed to be the place to sit the other night. Adam did not enjoy it...
Adam's sister Sadie is coming the spend the next four days with us while his parents go to Georgia to see Brittany. Sadie is a good girl, I just hope that I can keep her entertained. I don't have toys that a seven year old would like to play with, but I will do my best. She will probably be a great helper with the kids, I am sure!!
Adam is still really busy at work, I don't think that there is ever a slow day for him, but he loves his job, so that is good. I am grateful for how hard he works so that I can stay home with our kids.
Our ward just split about two weeks ago, which was a good thing since we had 700 members in our ward, it is a lot smaller now. It's nice knowing that we don't have to go to church 30 minutes early to get a bench anymore. Neither of us have a calling yet, so hopefully by the time they get to us we will get easy jobs. Cole thankfully goes to nursery in about three weeks. That will be so nice!!
Not too much is new with me, still trying to watch what I eat and lose a little weight. Not doing that great of a job, but I am trying!
Geeking Off 167: Mostly Sundance 2018, Etc.
8 years ago
4 Comments:
McKenna is beautiful! I love her pretty 'Mulan' hair! What cute kids! Sounds like they keep you busy! Cash is 17 months also, and I can't wait until he goes to nursery! Church is pretty much pointless with him right now - he is so hard!
Hi Paces!!! We have created our own blog now too. http://mitchellfamilyfun.blogspot.com/
Come check it out! I can't wait to hang out with you guys when I get back. Only 1 more week!!!
McKenna's hair is so long! I don't think I have seen it straight down! I will have to call you next week to see if you survived!!
You guys have the cutest kids! And I'm glad you have a blog, so we can see updates of your kiddies as they get SO big! Keep the pictures and updates coming!
Post a Comment