Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Is he ready?

So, my son has decided in the past week to seriously take an interest in the potty. He will willingly go to the bathroom if you ask him and he needs to. He also will sometimes go in on his own. However, he doesn't quite grasp the concept of only going on the potty and thinks its okay to still go in his pants if he feels like it. The first time he actually went on the toilet I thought that it may be a coincidence, however, he went four times on Sunday and a couple times yesterday. So, what to do? Do I try to potty train him? I am thinking I just may... It would be so nice to not have a child in a diaper! I never in a million years thought that Cole would want to be potty trained this early. He turns two on September 13th. I guess he is ready? We'll see!!

5 Comments:

Natalie said...

If it ends up being that easy then you suck....

Natalie said...

and I am jealous.....don't even tell me when you are done since I am struggling with my 5 year old!

lacey said...

if he really potty trains this young, maybe there is for me Reagan that she'll go sooner then Kennedy!! GOOD LUCK

pacemaker said...

Can't hurt to try, only one way to find out I guess! That would be just too good to be true, but I'd be very happy for you!!! Brittany was that age when she decided she wanted to be pottytrained, probably cause she watched Ali?

Tim and Angie said...

Hi guys! I would love to get together sometime. Let me know if you are up for that.
Yes! If discourage it now it will probably take a while for him to show interest again. All I had to do for my daughter was bring in her little potty from the shed and she did the rest! Good luck.