Friday, September 12, 2008

Yard Work


Well, there hasn't been too much new going on in the Pace household lately, other than we are putting in our backyard. I guess I shouldn't say "we" but more like Adam is putting in our backyard. He has been working every night after work until about 9:00pm for the past several weeks and all day on Saturdays trying to get the yard done. I can see a dim light at the end of the tunnel. We are getting top soil delivered today and hopefully laying the sod next Saturday. The kids love going out in the yard with Adam to help him work, even though they make is worse on him when they are out there. I try to keep them busy while he is working so that they don't want to go "help" daddy. Here is a picture of the kids trying to help Adam fill in the trenches. Makenna is already asking for a swing set, at least three or four times a day. One thing at a time, we need grass first. We keep trying to explain to her that we will get her one next year, but I don't think a three year old grasps that concept. Oh well, only seven more months and she can get one...

5 Comments:

pacemaker said...

I love the fact that all the PACE families have been working so hard, its a great tribute to our forefathers, namely Grandpa Rulon and Dad, how much all of our children work so hard! I also love that there have been so many improvements made in at least three households, maybe more, but we don't know, because they don't blog about it! Way to go Adam, we are proud of your work ethic and the way Marianne supports all you do to make things better at your home and the rest of ours as well!

Pilchers said...

Yay! We just got our backyard finished this summer too. It's so nice having grass for the kids to play on. We hope to get a swing set too. It would be so nice. Hope you are doing good!
Tamara

KB said...

that's your backyard? maybe I am sick on saturday...

Natalie said...

Ughh, yard work is the worst, but then you get done and it will be so nice!!

Hailey said...

I want to see updated pics of the new backyard! :)