Sunday, May 31, 2009

Adam's Update

I typically let Marianne make the updates to the blog, but I can tell that she is holding back on showing a picture of her pregnant belly. I thought that I would take matters into my own hands, and let the world see what our third baby has done with Marianne's stomach. Makenna is very worried that the baby will "pop" all over her. She is also concerned that the baby will come out very dirty. She has no idea.
The doctor says that we are on track to get another 8 lb+ baby this time. The baby is sitting really low already, so Marianne is starting to get a lot of pain in her legs from it sitting on her nerves.
I was working late one night this week, and Marianne called to check on when I would be coming home. I could hear that the kids were still up, and it was an hour and half past their bed time. I asked what was going on, and Makenna got on the phone and told me that "mommy let us stay up and watch a movie, and have popcorn!" One night is great, but later in the week the exact same thing happened. I think Marianne likes to have someone there to share her popcorn with. I don't like it. I think my parents let me stay up late once in my whole life, so these kids are already ahead of me by one night, and Cole is only two!
Yesterday I got to spend some good time with the kids, so we decided to go to the zoo. I think we may have chosen the busiest day of the year. It took us half an hour to find a place to park. I have patience for kids, long lines, and for good food to be prepared. I do not have patience when trying to find a place to park. However, once we got in, we had a great time. It was a little hot, so the animals weren't as active. Cole agreed to get close to the large black elephant statue that plays music, but Makenna was still too scared to touch it. Cole still had to have his arms around my neck the whole time, but at least he would pose for a picture.
Oh yeah, and before I forget... The new Dr Pepper ice cream topping is excellent on vanilla ice cream. The "strawberry/peanut butter" M&M's are tolerable, but I definitely wouldn't recommend getting the large 1lb bag. Try out the 1.4 oz bag first. The bread bowl pasta from Domino's is awesome, at least the Chicken Carbonara. The marinara was OK, but it tastes too much like pizza sauce, and not enough like marinara. Yes, they are two different things. If you order online, you can save $1. I highly recommend it. It's very filling though, so order it when you're hungry. The chocolate shredded mini-wheats are actually pretty good, but there are only three servings in a box...regardless of what the side nutrition label tells you. Only get them if they are on sale.
One more thing, if you like Coldplay, check out www.coldplay.com for a free download of their new 9-track live album, "LeftRightLeftRightLeft." Enjoy!

1 Comment:

Hanson3 said...

Thanks for the update Adam! I loved your foodie review, I have tried the m&m's too and was not all that impressed, the fact that they characters were dressed as transformrs was the reason I bought it, the "Bumblebee" yellow snickers was tasty. Also am I mistaken, or did mckenna get a hair cut? Very cute.