These are a few of the pictures from our trip to St. George this last weekend. My mother-in-law was good enough to watch our yappy dog for a few days so we could get away. We were worried that we would have a rain-out on Saturday, but it was actually perfect weather the entire extended weekend.
We got down to the Bach condo on Thursday night, and basically just crashed. Friday we played a little at the condo playground, and then went to the city center park to play on their equipment (Yes, this vacation was all about Makenna and Cole. Marianne and I were basically just their chauffeurs.) They were having a Polynesian celebration at the park while we were there, which meant a few "bouncy things", as Makenna calls them. Although it wasn't free, we thought that we would be cruel to not let the kids jump in the super huge bouncy castle. We had to convince Cole to come out after the time had passed. We walked over to the temple. Makenna always points out the local temples, so this was the first time (that she would have remembered) going to the temple grounds, or being close enough to touch it. She thought that was pretty cool, as well as the Christus statue in the visitor's center. She told the sister missionary that she had "Cracker (cracklin') oat bran for breakfast" that morning. She was pretty happy with her morning meal, apparently.
The main pool at the condo was out of the order, and the kiddie pool's heater was broken. We still played in it, but we could tell the kids didn't really enjoy it. The hot tub was working though, so at least I got to enjoy that. Marianne was only able to dip her feet, and the kids thought it was too hot. What a bust.
The next day was much better. We had a picnic at the park, and then went to the Sand Hollow Aquatics Center for some indoor swimming and slides (see pics). Makenna and Cole both were crying tears of dread after I took them each on the large water slide, but they loved the little "froggy" kiddie slide. After I was able to convince (rather, pick up and force) the kids to go down the slide again with me, this time sitting up to go slower and keeping them out of the water at the end, they each became quite fond of it. So much in fact, that they wore daddy out to the point that when we got back to the condo, I barely remember hitting the pillow and I was out for a two-hour nap. With much trepidation, I am posting the picture of me with my nice farmer tan to show the slide.
All in all it was a great trip. We traveled very safely, and ate too well (darn you pizza factory and your irresistible bread twists!!! You've completely wiped out a month's worth of elliptical machine time!!!) That might be the best vacation we have all year, with the new baby coming, but it might tide us over until next year just fine. By the way, I highly recommend the Sand Hollow Aquatics Center if you ever head down to SG with the kiddies.
Geeking Off 167: Mostly Sundance 2018, Etc.
8 years ago
4 Comments:
Farmer tans are the new black I hear! I love water parks, we want to get a pass to Six Flags just for the water park :)
That looks like lots of fun, glad you got to get away for a couple of days.
In answer to your questions about my quilts. The green and brown one actually belongs to your new baby and the big one is for McCall's bed and I am making one for Sadie as well for their "new" room downstairs in your "old" room.
We love the Sand Hollow swimming pool. Any time we say "St. George" to the kids they think we're talking about the big pool with the slide...weee!
Looks like such a fun trip! I've been wanting to try that aquatic center. Your kids are darling! Hope Marianne is feeling well!
Post a Comment