Anyone have any suggestions on how to get a four month old to sleep through the night? Okay, I would even take getting a baby to get up only once a night and sleep past 4:00am. I am SO frustrated. Ella wants to go to bed at about 8:00-8:30 every night and then gets up at 12:30-1:30 to eat. She then goes back to sleep, but only until 4:30 or so and then she is up. No rocking her back to sleep, no letting he play in her crib, she wants to be up and be entertained. I started her on rice cereal thinking that would help, but to no avail. I cannot keep getting up throughout the night and then getting up for the day at 4:00 or 4:30. If you want to see a real pleasant mother, come to our house. Sorry, but I have to vent somewhere or I am going to cry... I need to keep this post so I will remember in the future if we ever think about having another baby just how much fun it really is...
Geeking Off 167: Mostly Sundance 2018, Etc.
8 years ago
3 Comments:
The rice cereal should start working, but it takes a couple of weeks to build up enough to be effective! Hang in there, if nothing else, go ahead and cry, it helps!!! I'll keep her for a couple of nights and have her sleeping all night in no time. But that would require some crying aloud!!
Well, you could let her go to sleep t 8 or 8:30 but, make itmore of a nap and then at about 10 wake her up and feed her and play with her a little bit and then put her back to bed before you go to sleep. Hopefully that will help in both cases, but your mother in-law is right about the rice cereal. hope this helps. By the way this is sister Johnson from Adam's mission. now married with three boys and that's what I did with my first and it worked really well he would sleep until 6 or 7 after I started doing that.
My baby is a week younger than yours. . . THANK YOU!!!! for sharing your exhaustion and frustration. . .My little girl is doing the same thing. . .your sharing has helped me to not feel so helpless. Good luck. We are trying the rice cereal and waking up to try to force a schedule change but I'm still exhausted.
Post a Comment