Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Yes, it's true...


Yes, it is true. I gave in. I cut Makenna's hair. I was getting tired of fighting with it everyday. It was just getting too long and needed to be cut and start growing all new and healthy. So last Tuesday I took her in and cut off five inches. I originally wasn't going to cut that much, but her hair grows so fast, I figured this would be a good length for the summer. I am sure that by Christmas it will be plenty long again. I can still put it up in all the same hairstyles as before, but now when she wears it down she doesn't look like she hasn't had her hair done in weeks. Anyway, here is a picture of her new haircut, don't mind the look on her face, for some reason she thinks when she gets her picture taken she needs to make this weird look to be cute or something.

On a side note, Makenna finally got her cast taken off yesterday. After an additional x-ray, (which I didn't want done) her arm is healed. We just have to be careful for the next few weeks since it would be likely to break again if landed on funny, no Arctic Circle play areas for us, thanks. I am so glad to done with that thing. Showering with a big bag on your arm is not the funnest thing. Plus, it was stinky and dirty, not matter how much I wiped it down with wet wipes, it just would not stay clean. She keeps telling me that her arm feels better and a few days before she had her cast taken off she started telling us that she was sick of her cast. That made two of us!!

4 Comments:

The Mitchells said...

Love the new hair cut so cute!! Is her arm permanently smell like cheese now?

lacey said...

I love her hair. I've never been able to let Kennedy's grow too long, I wuss out way earlier then you did :) I love her cheesy smile too!

pacemaker said...

I love the look on her face, she is such a ham! Does her arm look a little smaller than the other one?

Melissa said...

Her hair cut is darling & will be great for the summer! That is one plus about having a boy - I don't have to worry about trying to brush out long hair!