Monday, June 2, 2008

Potty time!!

Yes, it is a miracle, Makenna is finally on her way to being potty-trained. Last Monday, she told me she needed her diaper changed in the morning and I said "no more diapers." She has gone on the potty every time since then. She still needs a diaper at night, but other than that, she is doing great during the day. This morning she did wake up dry, so hopefully the night thing will come soon as well. I have tried the potty-training thing a couple of other times and it was a fight the whole way, so I am glad that I have waited until now. It was so easy!! Just give her a sticker on her potty chart and one for her shirt and she is thrilled! I am so proud of Makenna, and I also happy that now I only have one child in diapers. Seriously, two kids in diapers for almost two years is just not fun.

5 Comments:

Melissa said...

That is so great! I am seriously dreading the time when it comes to potty training Cash - I hear it is so hard & I don't know that I am patient enough! Congrats!

lacey said...

yippee! what a great milestone! Kennedy didn't potty train until after she was 3, and the sticker chart thing worked for her too! Congrats on only 1 kid in diapers!

Tarese & Mike said...

Hey Marianne! Thanks for giving me hope! Mikayla actually has been a little better at the potty thing, but she is lazy at the peeing on the toilet unless I'm after her every 2 minutes! I'm so glad that she is doing so well! Call me when you go to the park! I'm always up for something to do! See you later!

Anonymous said...

Holy crap Adam! Look at you, you're a dad. I got your link from your mom's blog. She was kind enough to leave us a comment. It's great to see that you are doing well. If you're ever in Colorado Springs, give me a holler and I'll do something. Hmmm, we don't drink so I can't buy you a drink, I don't golf, so that's out of the question. Maybe I'll take you to the Pro Rodeo hall of fame. Yeah, we'll make it a date!

Natalie said...

Yeah!! I am so glad she is doing so well! I feel like I haven't seen you forever!! We need to get together soon!!