Thursday, May 22, 2008

Petting Zoo at Thanksgiving Point





On Tuesday some of the ladies in the ward decided to take the kids to the Petting Zoo at Thanksgiving Point. I though that this would be fun for Makenna and Cole so off we went. The kids had a great time, Cole and Makenna got to see lots of farm animals and had lots of fun. Cole thought the horses were hilarious, when the horse would eat food out of my hand Cole would laugh hysterically and throw his head back like it was too much for him to handle. After we had seen all the animals, the kids both had a ticket to go on a pony ride. Well, since Makenna has her cast she couldn't really hold on by herself, so I had to help her and then Cole was going to have a turn. Makenna LOVED the pony ride!! So much that when her turn was over she wanted more. She threw herself right down on the ground and screamed and kicked her legs. Ahhh... three year old tantrums. I swear it should be called the terrible threes, not the terrible twos. Anyway, after trying to get her calmed down, being kicked and hit at, taking a blow to the side of the head by her cast, we had to leave. It was not pleasant. Imagine trying to push the double stroller and carry a screaming child out to the car. At least Makenna learned a lesson (I hope) that we don't throw tantrums to get our way. It was fun to go, even if it ended in tears. At least we got out of the house before the weather got bad this week, and I do think that the kids enjoyed the animals.

3 Comments:

Melissa said...

Cute pictures! I am glad to know that my child isn't the only one who throws tantrums! :) You are superwoman to push a double stroller & carry a screaming child!

Natalie said...

You are brave, I hate petting zoos (pretty germy...) I hope that darn cast come off soon! Hope it didn't leave a mark....

pacemaker said...

I've been saying for years that they ought to call it the terrible threes or better yet, "terrible twos to be continued!" Guess no one really knows what you're talking about until you've been there! I feel for you, but you handled it right, leaving with her, she'll figure it out that that kind of behavior isn't going to get her what she wants. Go Marianne!! You are doing a great job with your kids, both you and Adam. Keep up the good work. It will pay off!! I know, look how good Adam turned out. Of course not all that was us, but I'll bet it had something to do with it.