Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Thank heaven for little miracles...

Yesterday afternoon was by far one of the worst days that I have had in quite a while. Makenna was being quite possibly the worst three year old around and I spent literally two hours putting her in and out of time out, having her scream and kick me and Cole and anything else in her way, and listening to her cry. Adam didn't get home until about 7:45pm and by the time he got home I think I was officially ready to throw in the towel on being a mom. Luckily, I was able to go out to the movies with Natalie for a break from the kids. It was exactly what I needed, so thank you Adam for staying home with the kids and thank you Natalie for going to the movies with me. Today has been better with the morning filled with play time at the park and a visit to the doctor's office for Makenna's three year checkup. (Of course tears were involved at the doctor's office, but that is to be expected.) I think that I just needed a little time away from the kids last night to help me realize that I can do this difficult job of being a mom a little while longer. :)

3 Comments:

Hanson3 said...

Oh my gosh, I feel for you! Kaden gets just as bad sometimes, its really hard to be patient with him, and the fact that we do it on our own most of the day makes it harder. Keep up the good work though, you have super cute kids and this is just a crappy phase they all go through. :)

pacemaker said...

I can totally relate, Adam was just like that when he was three! But, look how wonderful he turned out! Yes, time away occasionally is very helpful and pretty much a necessity. We owe you two, so be thinking about when you need another get away and we'll accommodate, anytime, even if its just when you want to get away by yourself!

Natalie said...

Hey, you know I am here anytime you need to go see a great chick flick!! Hope you have a good week free of crappy mom days!!