Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A Little Update...

As Adam had recently talked about on our Blog, Makenna has broken her arm. I don't know if I wasn't paying attention at the hospital, but I thought that it was her wrist. Today I took her to her actual doctor's office to see if it needed to be cast or if she could just wear the brace for the next few weeks. The doctor's office did another x-ray and told me that she actually has a buckle fracture in the radius and a small fracture in the ulna. We will need to take her in this weekend to get an actual cast that she will need to wear for about four weeks and then she will have to wear the brace for about two weeks after that just to make sure that it doesn't break again. Poor little girl, I didn't think that it was that serious, so I am glad that I took her in again. The hospital made it sound like it wasn't that big of a deal, but then again, maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention. I will be sure to post some pictures of her with her cast on when she gets it this weekend.

As for Cole, he is turning into quite the little boy. Cole never took a pacifier when he was a baby and then when he was about one, he latched onto that and we have had a hard time breaking him of the habit. Well, Sunday Adam took it away from him at this parents house and we haven't given it to him since then. He has done really well and only has looked searchingly in his room a few times for it. He also saw it in the cupboard yesterday and almost got it before Adam realized what he was doing. He has been sleeping fine and doesn't seem to mind that he doesn't have it, so hopefully that is the end of the binky. (Actually it will be the end, it's been three days, so I am not going back!!) I know that he is kind of old for a binky, but all you mothers out there know how nice it is to have that when you are out and about to keep them quiet. Oh well, he is only 20 months old, so it could have been worse!!

As for me, not too much is new with me. I have been really trying to be good about exercising since we got our new elliptical and I have only missed one day, so hopefully, I can make a new habit and finally get into shape. We'll see, but I am pretty motivated right now.

Adam is still super busy at work, which is stressful for him, but as I always tell him it would be more stressful if you didn't have any work. He does a lot for our family and I am grateful for how hard he works so that I can stay home with our kids.

Well, that is all for now, we'll post pictures when Makenna gets her cast.

2 Comments:

Hanson3 said...

Kaden took his binky until he was about 2 1/2, sometimes when we'd fly I'd give it to him so he would be good or fall asleep. I got some really dirty looks from people on the plane. I just barely threw the last binky away, I guess I was keeping it just in case.;)

Natalie said...

Poor little Makenna, good thing you took her in??? No binky huh, you are a brave woman! I need to be better and exercise every day like you!!! I went to the gym twice this week??? I am a slacker, I know....