Sunday, May 18, 2008

Pink is the new white

Well, it turns out that Makenna's broken arm was a little more serious than we were originally told. As Marianne already mentioned on her update blog, Makenna had broken both her radius and ulna, although they weren't extremely severe. Her arm started to get a little purple, and she was still saying that it was hurting.

Friday night we took her back to the doctors. This was after we h
ad made 4 or 5 follow up calls to find out if we indeed had to come in, or if she was going to be fine with her soft cast. The fine staff at the Copperview medical center were great at calling us back, as they had promised. That's if it were opposite day. Apparently they "lost" her X-ray, and they kept telling us that they would call us back after they found it. If any of you have been to the Copperview Medical center, it's not exactly huge, but I guess it's big enough to lose a set of X-rays for 5 hours.

Anyway, we got to the doctor's, and Makenna was being very cute. She stood up on the scale like it was her job, she was very good about letting the nurse check for everything, and she was very brave when the actual doctor came in. He asked her what color cast she wanted, and without hearing the options she said "Pink!" Luckily, that was one of the choices, so it was time for her cast. She was great about letting him measure her arm, wrap her arm with gauze and a "sock", and very cute when he was putting the cast on her.

She is very proud of her cast, and shows everyone she see her beautiful arm. People at the store were giving her all sorts of attention, which she just ate up. She'll have the cast for another 3-4 weeks, and then we'll be able to see just how stinky and dirty that little arm gets during that time. We're not letting anyone sign it yet, but I don't know if we would even have any say in the matter. She is pretty protective of her little arm, and her gorgeous cast. :-)

(Don't ask me what's going on with this cheesy smile. Lately when she knows she supposed to pose for a picture, she gets the cheesiest grin on her face, and squints her eyes tight shut.)

4 Comments:

pacemaker said...

I'm having trouble leaving a comment, it says my password is incorrect, whatever!

pacemaker said...

Okay, that time it worked. Glad that Makenna picked pink, she is such a girly girl!!!

Challise and Rusty said...

Makenna is so stinkin cute! I am so scared of the day Jayden breaks something. I don't even want to know how I would react. I think I would pass out! Love the cast. She looks good in pink. :)

Melissa said...

She is too cute! Who knew a pink cast could be so fashionable! She can definitely pull it off! What a doll!