Thursday, June 25, 2009

We had the baby! It's a.....

It's a baby! That's right. We had our smallest baby to date. A little (for us) 7 lbs, 0 oz. baby, at an average 19" length.
We rolled into the Jordan Valley hospital at 7:00 am this morning, and got Marianne going on the medication at about 8:30. She was moving along at a pretty good clip, unlike our first two babies that took forever. She arrived at a "2", by noon she was a "4", and that's when things really picked up the pace. We had to call in the nurse to come check on Marianne because it had been a while. Marianne was starting to feel the nausea of a baby about to be born, and she started getting the shakes. Both are the symptoms she felt right before our first two were born.
The nurse came in, and checked to see what the progress was. She said that she was going to be going to lunch, but that it would have to wait. We were having our baby. She told Marianne not to sneeze or cough, because the baby was on its way.
I started scrambling to get the camera ready, and the doctor came in a few minutes later. After the first push, the top of the head. The second push, the baby's head was almost out. The third push gave me a good look at the face. The doctor asked me what I thought it was, based on its looks, and I couldn't believe how much it looked like Makenna. You can definitely tell that they are siblings. The doctor was able to just pull the baby out then, and at that moment Marianne and I became outnumbered. I got to announce the sex of the baby to the room, and we then proceeded to get the baby cleaned up. Here's a picture. Can you guess?
Marianne and I were both extremely happy with our little baby. The feeding went great at first (we'll see if that continues), and I got to give the first bath again. Unfortunately, the bath was in the nursery, so we don't have video of it this time. The good news is, we didn't have another blow-out in the towel as I dried off the freshly washed baby (thanks for the memories Cole).

Here are a few pictures of our newest family member.
Makenna is happy to be another "mother" to another little sibling. Someone else she can boss around. :)

Cole is just happy he has someone else to do Makenna's bidding now.
This is one proud papa.

Want in on the surprise too? Check out the comments...

11 Comments:

Adam said...

We were wrong in our guesses, but it ended up in my favor. I've got another little princess in our family.

Little Ella Kate surprised Marianne and I quite a bit when 2:17 pm arrived. She is such a beautiful baby (regardless that I am also her father). I was mostly on the fence about what the sex was going to be, but even though I wanted a girl, I tended to lean towards believing it was a boy because of how much Marianne insisted that it was a boy. I guess the mother's intuition was swaying me. Both mommy and baby girl are doing great, and sleeping as we speak. Thanks to everyone for their well wishes and prayers.

Byron Events said...

Congrats! I am so excited! The more girls the better!

Hanson3 said...

She is SO cute! I think she looks like her brother and sister. I love her name too. I'm happy it all went well.

Anonymous said...

Way to torture people Adam.:) Congratulations..I'm so excited it's a girl..LOVE the name. Good job Marianne!

Nicole said...

Congrats!!! She is adorable and I love her name. I loved your post... the anticipation was killing me. :)

pacemaker said...

Way to go Adam, keeping it suspenseful right to the end and then some!!! She's a little doll and soooo sweet!

Hailey said...

All right! Pink it is. We'll have to get a quilt on, or something. Congratulations. Little Ella is lucky to have such awesome parents. :)

Melissa said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! I am so happy for you! What a beautiful baby girl! I was dying reading your post, waiting for you to make the annoucement! I love her name too! I hope you are all doing well!

lacey said...

Congrats on your new little baby (that is a little baby!!) She is so cute, and I know your 2 older kids will love having a new baby. Hopefully we'll get to see her cute face in person.

Lena said...

Congratulations and welcome Ella! I love the name. You did good on this one Adam, I loved how you kept us guessing even with the pics you picked! We're happy for you and your family! She's beautiful! Tell Marianne congratulations for me!

Challise and Rusty said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!That is awesome. She is adorable. What a fun way to have a baby. I don't know if I am strong enough to go that long not knowing. Would you prefer that way now? You have a cute little family. Tell Marianne hello and good work!!