Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Busy week...

Well, it has been a busy week so far for the Pace family. I am finally starting to feel better. After having a fever and a sore throat I think that I am on the mend. Now, if only we can stay sick-free for a week or two....
The weather has been great, so I have been able to take the kids to the park the last couple of days, they love it there. Makenna is finally getting the courage to climb all over and not just go straight to the slides. Cole still won't go up the stairs, but he will go down the slides by himself now. So, we are improving.
Today we had our house appraised so that we can get it refinanced at a lower interest rate, so hopefully that will save us some money each month.
Tomorrow is Cole's 18 month doctor appointment. I can't believe that he is already 18 months old. Time goes way to quickly. I am sure that he will be way bigger than most kids his age still, he is a tank. However, Cole doesn't talk at all, so I am going to have the doctor check the fluid level in his ears to see if that is an issue. He tends to stick his thumbs in his ears a lot like there is something in there bothering him, plus it is genetic and Adam had the same problem when he was little until he was about three and got tubes. We'll see what the doctor says, maybe he just doesn't talk because we do everything for him... Of course, Makenna didn't really start talking until later as well, so maybe that is just how my kids are...
Well, I think that I better go make sure that the kids are okay and not destroying anything in the house!!

3 Comments:

Melissa said...

Good luck at the doctor. (Cash had his 18 month appointment yesterday!) I hope Cole's ears are okay. My 10-month old niece got tubes in her ears yesterday! I hear it helps! We should get togeher at the park one of these days!

pacemaker said...

Let me know how Cole does at the Dr. Trent went yesterday for his middle school shots and ended up having 4!! His arm hurts so bad today! It's not enough that middle school has to be so cruel, you have to have shots to start the whole wicked thing! Bet Cole is 25 lbs. At least!

Natalie said...

I love 18 months, they can go to the nursery, only a couple more months for me!! I am sorry you have been sick, I hate that!! We can hang anytime!!