Friday, March 7, 2008

What a great daddy!!

Okay, I just have to say that Adam is a great dad. Every night when he gets home from work the kids are so excited to see him and run to the door to greet him. They also both want to be held at the same time by daddy. Cole is definitely a daddy's boy, he would rather be held by Adam than me any day. Adam puts them on his shoulders and runs them around the house, lets them climb all over him, builds towers for them to knock over, eats pretend pancakes with Makenna and he even changes diapers at night when he is home. :)
Last night after dinner we made cookies and Adam let the kids help him. He has such patience with the children, letting them stand on chairs by the counter so that they felt all important. It was really cute watching Cole try to stir the cookie dough, even though he was really just trying to stick his hand in there to get a lick or two. Makenna thought that she was a pretty big helper as well adding the ingredients and stirring a time or two as well. At lunch today, I gave them both a cookie and Makenna made sure to remind me that those were the cookies she had made with daddy. I wish that I had our camera so that I could have taken a picture.
I just wanted to let everyone know what a great dad Adam is and that I am glad that he does so much for our family. I love you Adam!!

4 Comments:

Adam said...

Wow Marianne, it sure sounds like you have a great husband! You are quite possibly the luckiest wife I know.

pacemaker said...

Truly a case of "like father like son"! Reminds me of how Jerry is with the kids. We are both so lucky aren't we, Marianne? Sounds like he knows it!

Melissa said...

Marianne, you have such a cute family! What a fun thing to do - make cookies together. You guys are great!

Jeff said...

I guess that we agree that you've got a good husband... I still can't believe how big the kids are getting.