Yesterday was by far one of the worst days that we have experienced in a long time at the Pace house. Yes, it even beats Cole's big scabby face injury. The children were terrible yesterday. We struggled the entire time at church with them, I think that they were both tired. Makenna didn't want to go to nursery, which she usually runs right in and doesn't look back, but yesterday she wanted to go home. Well, that didn't happen.
After church we went to the Shepherds house since they had blessed their baby for a light lunch. The kids were downstairs playing and having a blast, but when it was time to go the tears began. Makenna wanted to take the Mulan doll home that she had been playing with and Cole wanted to go on the slide some more. Well, Cole decided to go back downstairs, backed up too far, lost his balance and tumbled down the entire flight of stairs. I saw the whole thing like it was in slow motion, his head was bouncing all over and his legs were rolling over the top of his head each time he went down. Adam was at the bottom of the stairs about two seconds after Cole. Cole cried and cried. Of course, me being the emotional wreck that I am, almost started crying. I was so worried that something was wrong, but he finally calmed down.
After the kids naps Makenna was so grouchy, I think she must have still been tired, but that continued until bedtime. Makenna then woke up at about 1:30am and came into our room. I went to go put her back in her bed and she told me her tummy hurt. I went back to bed and still hadn't gotten back to sleep when around 2:30am she came in our room saying she needed her hair dried. Yep, she had thrown up all over her hair, blanket, and the floor. So, we spent the next 45 minutes cleaning up. We finally got her settled down and had her sleep on the couch. When she was back asleep I decided to go back to bed, not 60 seconds later, she was in our room throwing up again. After that spell, she finally went to sleep on the couch until about 5:45am. However, it took me until after 5:00am to get back to sleep. I am so tired today!! Today I am already busy washing all the sheets and cleaning up the house. Makenna still doesn't seem like she feels very well. Serves me right, I had just told my sister in law not three days before that my kids have never thrown up...
Hopefully, today will be a better day!! I can't imagine that it could get any worse! :)
Geeking Off 167: Mostly Sundance 2018, Etc.
8 years ago
3 Comments:
Oh Marianne, that is a bad day! I am so sorry. Nothing is worse than your child throwing up! I really hope she feels better -especially with your trip coming up. Today has got to be better! You should let Cole come over and play!
Famous last words, huh? That's so sad, guess that explains the whole "grumpy" thing. Sorry that happened, I hate cleaning up that stuff! Even more sorry that Cole fell down the stairs, he's becoming an "accident going somewhere to happen" need to put that boy in a bubble!!! We'll have to get together to do the hair things, they are easy.
I am sorry! The throw-ups are the WORST thing ever. I hate them especially the middle of the night throw ups! I wish I were closer to come and give you a break! Hang in there!!
Post a Comment